INDEXED RNA-SEQ ADAPTERS FOR MULTIPLEXING LIBRARIES ON ILLUMINA® PLATFORMS
NEXTFLEX-96™ RNA-Seq Barcodes
- Index contained within adapter sequence eliminates the need to perform PCR to add flow cell binding sequences
- Multiplex up to 96 libraries
- Compatible with the NEXTFLEX® Rapid RNA-Seq Kit and the NEXTFLEX® Rapid Directional RNA-Seq Kit
- Considerably reduce your per-sample sequencing cost by barcoded multiplexing
- Increase your sequencing scale by pooling 100s of samples on a single flow cell
- Compatible with Illumina® next-generation sequencing platforms
(in 96-well plate)
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Increase Scale while Reducing Cost
The NEXTFLEX-96™ RNA-Seq Barcodes are adapters that were designed for use with the NEXTFLEX® Rapid RNA-Seq Kit and the NEXTFLEX® Rapid Directional RNA-Seq Kit.
The NEXTFLEX-96™ RNA-Seq Barcodes can be used to provide flexibility and high-throughput capabilities in sequencing applications. They significantly increase scale while reducing costs by allowing the user to pool multiple library preparations in a single flow cell lane. The NEXTFLEX-96™ RNA-Seq Barcodes kits accomplish this by using an indexed adapter with an 8 nt unique sequence. This allows for proper differentiation between samples, preventing poor reads from single base errors introduced during PCR. The NEXTFLEX® index is contained within the adapter sequence eliminating the need to perform PCR to add flow cell binding sequences. The NEXTFLEX-96™ RNA-Seq Barcode index sequences are designed to have a hamming distance of 4, allowing discrimination of different adapters even in the case of an error in the barcode read. These adapters are supplied a 96-well format.
Do you want to index you samples but don’t want to use 96 different barcodes? We also offer the NEXTFLEX® RNA-Seq Barcodes in sets of 6, 12, 24 and 48 barcodes.
For larger volume requirements, customized and bulk packaging is available. Please contact Bioo.NGS@perkinelmer.com for further information.
Avoiding Registration Failure with Low Level Multiplexing
Registration failure could occur if the color balance was not maintained between the red and green lasers (used to sequence A/C bases and G/T bases, respectively). Read our blog post, Tech Tips – Barcode Recommendations for Low Level Multiplexing, to learn how to avoid registration failure on an Illumina® sequencer caused by lack sufficient index sequence diversity.
- NEXTFLEX® RNA-Seq Barcode Adapter (0.6 µM)
- NEXTFLEX® Primer Mix (12.5 µM)
Selected Publications that Reference using the NEXTFLEX-96™ RNA-Seq Barcodes
- Harvey, C. T. et al. (2015) QuASAR: quantitative allele-specific analysis of reads. Bioinformatics. Doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btu802
- Moyerbrailean, G. A., et al. (2015) A high-throughput RNA-seq approach to profile transcriptional responses. Scientific Reports. 5: 14976. doi: 10.1038/srep14976.
- Takashima, Y. (2014) Resetting Transcription Factor Control Circuitry toward Ground-State Pluripotency in Human. Cell. 158: 6, 1254–1269.
The NEXTFLEX-96™ RNA-Seq Barcodes Kits contain 96 unique adapters compatible with Illumina® platforms, enabling the user to multiplex up to 96 RNA-seq samples. These kits ship on dry ice.