VALIDATED 16S V5-V6 rRNA LIBRARY PREP FOR BACTERIAL PROFILING OF PLANT SAMPLES
NEXTFLEX® 16S V5-V6 Amplicon-Seq Kit for Illumina® Platforms
- Fast and easy library prep protocol for 16S profiling of bacteria in plant samples
- Low input – Only 1 ng of input required
- Multiplex up to 384 libraries
- Custom sequencing primers are not required
- Automation protocols are now available for the PerkinElmer Sciclone® NGS and NGSx Workstations to automate your 16S sequencing
- Functionally validated with Illumina® sequencing platforms
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Ideal for Monitoring Population Fluctuations of Microbial Communities
The NEXTFLEX® 16S V5 – V6 Amplicon-Seq Library Prep Kit is designed for bacterial profiling of plant samples using degenerate primers that target the fifth and sixth variable regions of the 16S rRNA gene. Bacterial profiling in plant samples can be difficult because of the homology between bacterial 16S rRNA and chloroplast 16S rRNA. The use of primers binding to 16S hypervariable regions V 1 – V4, which are traditionally used for bacterial profiling, amplify both the bacterial and plant 16S rRNA genes, skewing results. NEXTFLEX® 16S V5 – V6 Amplicon-Seq libraries are compatible with paired-end sequencing on the Illumina® MiSeq® sequencing platform and are ideal for monitoring population fluctuations of microbial communities.
Optimized Protocol Offers Lower PCR Bias and Fewer Off-target Reads
The NEXTFLEX 16S V5 – V6 Amplicon-Seq Kit incorporates a second PCR step in the protocol for the addition of the sample-specific index, which reduces off-target reads encountered during amplicon sequencing.
Low Input Requirements for 16S rRNA Sequencing
As little as 1 ng of genomic DNA can be used to generate libraries using the NEXTFLEX 16S V5 – V6 Amplicon-Seq Library Prep Kit.
384 Barcodes Available for Cost-effective 16S V5 – V6 rRNA Sequencing
The NEXTFLEX 16S V5 – V6 Amplicon-Seq Library Prep Kit can be used for multiplexing up to 384 samples, to greatly reduce the cost of sequencing. The barcodes are offered in sets of 4, 12, 48, or 96 barcodes and supplied with 2 reactions worth of each barcode.
- NEXTFLEX® PCR Master Mix
- NEXTFLEX® 16S V5-V6 PCR I Primer Mix
- NEXTFLEX® PCR II Barcoded Primer Mix
- Resuspension Buffer
- Nuclease-free Water
REQUIRED MATERIALS NOT PROVIDED
- 1 ng – 50 ng high-quality genomic DNA in up to 36 µL nuclease-free water for each library
- 96 well PCR Plate Non-skirted (Phenix Research, Cat # MPS-499) or similar
- Adhesive PCR Plate Seal (Bio-Rad®, Cat # MSB1001)
- Agencourt® AMPure® XP 5 mL (Beckman Coulter® Genomics, Cat # A63880)
- Magnetic Stand – 96 (Thermo Fisher® Scientific, Cat # AM10027) or similar
- 2, 10, 20, 200 and 1000 µL pipettes / multichannel pipettes
- Nuclease-free barrier pipette tips
- 80% Ethanol, freshly prepared (room temperature)
The NEXTFLEX 16S V5-V6 Amplicon-Seq Kit 2.0 contains enough material to prepare 8, 24, 96 or 192 amplicon-seq libraries from genomic DNA for Illumina® platforms. The shelf life of all reagents is 12 months when stored properly. All components can be safely stored at -20°C. This kit is shipped on dry ice.