- NEXTFLEX® Unique Dual Index Barcodes* (25 µM)
- NEXTFLEX® Primer Mix** (50 µM)
The UDI barcodes are oriented column-wise on each plate (1-8, 9-16, etc).
* These Unique Dual Index barcodes are supplied in duplex form. Do not heat the adapters above room temperature.
** The Primer Mix 2.0 is only intended for use with the NEXTFLEX® Rapid XP DNA-Seq kit and the NEXTFLEX® Rapid DNA-Seq kit 2.0; if the primer mix is to be used with any other library kits of choice, additional dilutions may be required. For additional guidance, please inquire at [email protected].
For availability of single use plates for automation, please inquire for additional details.
Q: Are the NEXTFLEX® unique dual index barcodes sequence-verified for purity?
A: Yes, each lot of the adapters undergoes stringent QC procedures that include verification of the index sequence purity by sequencing on an Illumina® MiSeq® instrument.
Q: Are the NEXTFLEX® unique dual index barcodes functionally validated?
A: Yes, each lot of these adapters undergoes stringent QC procedures that include functional validation of the barcoded adapter by making a library.
Q: What is the lead time when I order the NEXTFLEX® unique dual index barcodes?
A: They are in-stock and ready-to-ship.
Q: Why are the NEXTFLEX® unique dual index barcodes only supplied at two reactions of each barcode in the 96-well plate?
A: The NEXTFLEX® unique dual index barcodes are supplied in aliquots of two reactions of each barcode to reduce the potential for contamination, which increases with repeated use of the same plate.
Q: Must I perform paired-end sequencing with NEXTFLEX® Unique Dual Index Barcodes?
A: No, they are compatible with paired-end and single-read sequencing runs. The I7 and I5 indexes are read in separate sequencing events than Read 1 and Read 2.
Q: Can I use the NEXTFLEX® Unique Dual Index Barcodes in single index experiments?
A: Yes, you can configure your sequencing run to only read the I7 index when you set up the run.
- Sequences of NEXTFLEX® Unique Dual-Indexed Barcode (1-1,536) Indexes – Excel
Selected Citations that Reference the Use of the NEXTFLEX UDI Barcodes:
- Estermann, M. (2020). Mouse embryonic stem cells self-organize into trunk-like structures with neural tube and somites. doi:10.1242/prelights.18906.
- Gardner, E. J., Prigmore, E., Gallone, G., Danecek, P., Samocha, K. E., Handsaker, J., . . . Hurles, M. E. (2019). Contribution of retrotransposition to developmental disorders. Nature Communications, 10(1). doi:10.1038/s41467-019-12520-y.
- Hirose, K., Chang, S., Yu, H., Wang, J., Barca, E., Chen, X., . . . Huang, G. N. (2019). Loss of a novel striated muscle-enriched mitochondrial protein Coq10a enhances postnatal cardiac hypertrophic growth. doi:10.1101/755793.
- Starr, T. N., Greaney, A. J., Hilton, S. K., Crawford, K. H., Navarro, M. J., Bowen, J. E., . . . Bloom, J. D. (2020). Deep mutational scanning of SARS-CoV-2 receptor binding domain reveals constraints on folding and ACE2 binding. doi:10.1101/2020.06.17.157982.
Each NEXTFLEX® Unique Dual Index barcodes (1-1,536) contains 1,536 unique dual-index barcodes, enabling users to multiplex up to 1,536 libraries per flow cell lane. Each lot of the NEXTFLEX® Unique Dual Index barcodes (1-1,536) is functionally validated and tested for index purity by sequencing. NEXTFLEX® Unique Dual Index barcodes are supplied in 96-well plates with each well containing 2 reactions of each barcode. These kits ship on dry ice. The shelf life of each reagent is at least two years when stored properly.
For automation single-use plates, NEXTFLEX® Unique Dual Index barcodes (1-1,536) may be at a different specified concentration and each well will contain 1 reaction of each barcode. Please inquire for additional details. These kits ship on dry ice.