- NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Adapters (25 µM)
- NEXTFLEX® Primer Mix (12.5 µM)
Selected Publications Citing the Use of the NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Barcodes:
- Agarwal, P., et al. (2015) CGGBP1 mitigates cytosine methylation at repetitive DNA sequences. BMC Genomics, 16:390. doi:10.1186/s12864-015-1593-2.
- Berg, A., et al. (2015) Obesity is Associated With DNA Methylation in Population-Based Adolescents. Circulation. Poster: 131:AP260, Session Title: Obesity.
- Bewick, A., et. al. (2016) On the origin and evolutionary consequences of gene body DNA methylation. PNAS. 113: 9111 – 9116.
- Ramesh, V., et. al. (2016) Loss of Uhrf1 in neural stem cells leads to activation of retroviral elements and delayed neurodegeneration. Genes & Development. 30: 2199 – 2212.
- Satgé, C. et. al. (2016) Reprogramming of DNA methylation is critical for nodule development in Medicago truncatula. Nature Plants 2, 16166. doi:10.1038/nplants.2016.166.
- Urich, M. A., Nery, J. R., Lister, R., Schmitz, R. J. and Ecker, J. R. (2015) MethylC-seq library preparation for base-resolution whole-genome bisulfite sequencing. Nature Protocols 10, 475–483. doi:10.1038/nprot.2014.114.
- van der Graafa, A., et al. (2015) Rate, spectrum, and evolutionary dynamics of spontaneous epimutations. PNAS. 112:21. pg. 6676–6681. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1424254112.
- Ye, R., et al. (2015) A Dicer-Independent Route for Biogenesis of siRNAs that Direct DNA Methylation in Arabidopsis. Molecular Cell. doi:10.1016/j.molcel.2015.11.015.
Are the NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Barcodes methylated?
Yes they are methylated. Methylated barcodes are required for both WGBS and RRBS bisulfite-seq applications.
With which kits can the NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Barcodes be used?
The NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Barcodes were designed to be used with the NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Kit; however, they are compatible with other bisulfite-seq library prep methods and most other DNA-seq applications compatible with Illumina® sequencing platforms. They are not compatible with MeDIP and MeCAP applications, as these protocols require the use of unmethylated barcodes.
At what concentration are the NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Barcodes supplied?
They are supplied at a 25 µM concentration.
Are the NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Barcodes supplied with PCR primers?
Yes they are. If you need additional PCR primers, they are available in 48, 96, 100, 192, 384 and 768 reaction sizes at a cost of $1/reaction. These are supplied at a concentration of 12.5 µM.
Are the sequences of the indexes used in the NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Barcodes available?
Yes. A PDF containing the indexes within the NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Barcodes can be downloaded here.
The NEXTFLEX® Bisulfite-Seq Barcodes Kits contain 6, 12 or 24 unique barcodes, enabling the user to multiplex up to 24 samples per flow cell lane. These kits ship on dry ice.