DESIGNED TO PREPARE MULTIPLEXED LIBRARIES FOR SINGLE OR PAIRED-END SEQUENCING USING ILLUMINA® PLATFORMS
NEXTFLEX® Rapid DNA-Seq Kit 2.0 for Illumina® Platforms
- Complete library prep solution, including size selection beads
- Bundle kits available with library prep reagents and barcodes
- Up to 384 barcodes available upon request
- Convenient and cost-effective package in a 8, 48, or 96 reaction format
- Simplified workflow
- Automation compatible with liquid handlers, including the PerkinElmer Sciclone® G3 NGS/NGSx workstations, Zephyr® G3 NGS workstation, and BioQule NGS System
- Robust genome coverage
- Reliable performance with GC-bias and sequencing bias mitigation
- Low input requirement for genomic DNA down to 1 ng
- For FFPE samples, use the NEXTFLEX® Rapid XP DNA-Seq Kit
- Functionally tested with Illumina® sequencing platform
Rapid DNA Library Prep for Sequencing on Illumina® Platforms
The NEXTFLEX® rapid DNA-seq 2.0 kit is designed to prepare multiplexed libraries for single or paired-end sequencing using Illumina® platforms. The enhanced NEXTFLEX® kit simplifies workflow by using master mixed reagents and magnetic bead based cleanup, reducing pipetting and eliminating time-consuming steps in library preparation. The NEXTFLEX® rapid DNA-seq kit 2.0 produces library preps with a larger number of unique sequencing reads, allowing for robust genome coverage in challenging GC-rich sequences that can introduce bias.
Figure 1: Libraries prepared with NEXTFLEX® rapid DNA-Seq kit 2.0 show higher yield than libraries prepared with Competitor K’s kit using the same number of PCR cycles from a 250 ng and 1 ng input (A) and robust conversion rate (B).
Flexible Multiplexing Options
The NEXTFLEX® adapters are long, annealed adapters containing indexed sequences, which offer an improved multiplexing workflow and flexible experimental setups catered to individual needs. Our barcode portfolio encompass options for single or paired-end multiplex sequencing. The NEXTFLEX® Rapid DNA-seq kit 2.0 reagents are compatible with the NEXTFLEX® Unique Dual Index Barcodes for up to 1,536 sample multiplexing.
For more information about barcode options compatible with the NEXTFLEX® Rapid DNA-seq kit 2.0, please contact [email protected]inelmer.com.
The NEXTFLEX® Rapid DNA-seq Kit 2.0 is compatible with multiple liquid handlers, including the PerkinElmer Sciclone® G3 NGS and NGSx workstations.
For low throughput automation, the NEXTFLEX® Rapid DNA-seq Kit 2.0 kit is also now automated on the BioQule™ NGS System which simplifies both library prep AND quantitation. This low-cost, benchtop instrument delivers libraries ready to load into your sequencer with only 15 minutes of hands-on time.
For more information, or to obtain a program, contact [email protected].
For larger volume requirements, customization and bulk packaging is available. For increased flexibility, individual reagents (non-master mixed) are also available. Please contact [email protected] for further information.
Tech Tips – When to Size Select
Size selection is a critical issue in NGS library preparation. Our blog post, Tech Tips – When to Size Select, addresses a number of factors to consider before determining a size selection strategy.
- NEXTFLEX® End Repair & Adenylation Buffer Mix 2.0
- NEXTFLEX® End Repair & Adenylation Enzyme Mix 2.0
- NEXTFLEX® Ligase Buffer Mix 2.0
- NEXTFLEX® Ligase Enzyme 2.0
- NEXTFLEX® PCR Master Mix 2.0
- NEXTFLEX® Primer Mix 2.0
- NEXTFLEX® Cleanup Beads 2.0
- Nuclease-free Water
- Resuspension Buffer
REQUIRED MATERIALS NOT PROVIDED
- 1 ng – 1 µg of fragmented genomic DNA in up to 32 µL nuclease-free water.
- NEXTflex® barcodes
- Ethanol 100% (room temperature)
- Ethanol 80% (room temperature)
- Covaris System (S2, E210) or other method for DNA fragmentation
- 96 well PCR Plate Non-skirted (Phenix Research, Cat # MPS-499) or similar
- 96 well Library Storage and Pooling Plate (Thermo Fisher Scientific, Cat # AB-0765) or similar
- Adhesive PCR Plate Seal (Bio-Rad, Cat # MSB1001)
- Magnetic Stand -96 (Thermo Fisher Scientific, Cat # AM10027) or similar
- Heat block
- 2, 10, 20, 200 and 1000 µL pipettes / multichannel pipettes
- Nuclease-free barrier pipette tips
- 1.5 mL nuclease-free microcentrifuge tubes
Additional Data between NEXTFLEX® Rapid DNA-Seq 2.0 and Competitor K’s Kit Libraries
Figure 2: Libraries prepared with NEXTFLEX® Rapid DNA-seq 2.0 shows less GC bias than libraries prepared with Competitor K’s kit.
Figure 3: Libraries prepared with NEXTFLEX® Rapid DNA-seq 2.0 shows higher genome coverage than libraries prepared with Competitor K’s kit.
The NEXTFLEX® rapid DNA-seq 2.0 kits contain library prep reagents, including cleanup beads, to prepare 8, 48, or 96 genomic DNA samples for Illumina® sequencing. The shelf life of all reagents is 6 months when stored properly at -20°C. This kit is shipped on dry ice.