AUTOMATED, ASSAY READY LIQUID HANDLERS FOR SAFE & TRACEABLE SAMPLE PREPARATION OF SARS-COV-2 TESTING
JANUS® G3 Automation
JANUS® G3 Primary Sample Reformatter & JANUS® G3 PCR Workstation
The recent outbreak of coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) has highlighted the need for technologies to support rapid, high-throughput testing of biological samples. To combat this public health threat, PerkinElmer has developed two automated liquid handling workstations that are optimized to support the PerkinElmer SARS-CoV-2 testing workflow and work with any SARS-CoV-2 viral extraction and detection assay chemistry.
The JANUS® G3 primary sample reformatter provides safe and traceable barcode scanning and reformatting of up to 192 input biological samples from nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swabs into various destination labware to support viral nucleic acid extraction. This workstation enables additional nucleic acid extraction sample preparation including:
- The addition of lysis buffers, internal standards, and enzymes
- The plating of beads, wash buffers, and elution buffers for downstream nucleic acid extraction on the chemagic™ 360 nucleic acid extractor
The JANUS® G3 primary sample reformatter comes with:
- 192 position automated test tube barcode reader
- Deck accessories to support nucleic acid extraction sample prep
- Validated push-button protocols
AUTOMATED SARS-COV-2 PCR ASSAY SETUP
PerkinElmer also offers the JANUS® G3 PCR Workstation which enables traceable and reproducible real time PCR sample preparation for high-throughput SARS-CoV-2 detection using standardized protocols. This automated workstation offers full walk-away PCR sample prep while reducing the risk of hands-on errors in high-throughput SARS-CoV-2 testing. The JANUS® G3 PCR workstation is shipped with standardized sample prep protocols for the PerkinElmer’s Research Use Only SARS-CoV-2 assay and can be configured to automate any SARS-CoV-2 PCR assay.
This instrument can optionally be used for:
- Preparing chemagic™ 360 plates for protease K, the internal standard, and poly(A) beads
- Adding beads and resuspension buffer to deep well plates for downstream RNA extraction
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.