The recent outbreak of coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) has highlighted the need for technologies to support rapid, high-throughput testing of biological samples. To combat this public health threat, PerkinElmer has developed two automated liquid handling workstations that are optimized to support the PerkinElmer SARS-CoV-2 testing workflow and work with any SARS-CoV-2 viral extraction and detection assay chemistry.
The JANUS® G3 primary sample reformatter provides safe and traceable barcode scanning and reformatting of up to 192 input biological samples from nasopharyngeal, oropharyngeal, and anterior nasal swabs into various destination labware to support viral nucleic acid extraction. This workstation enables additional nucleic acid extraction sample preparation including:
- The addition of lysis buffers, internal standards, and enzymes
- The plating of beads, wash buffers, and elution buffers for downstream nucleic acid extraction on the chemagic™ 360 nucleic acid extractor
The JANUS® G3 primary sample reformatter comes with:
- 192 position automated test tube barcode reader
- Deck accessories to support nucleic acid extraction sample prep
- Validated push-button protocols