SENSITIVE SARS-COV-2 MONITORING OF WASTEWATER
Sensitive Workflows for the Biosurveillance of Wastewater for Coronavirus
Screening of wastewater for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 has the potential to become an attractive tool for COVID-19 management. Screening wastewater for SARS-CoV-2 is being examined as a regional tool for the analysis of:
- Snapshots – an early warning system identifying if the coronavirus has reached an area
- Trends – an increase or decrease in infected people determined by measuring viral loads
- Hotspots – identification of infection hotspots where resources should be focused
- Prevalence – get a broad understanding of the number of infected people in the area
PerkinElmer’s workflow delivers sensitive SARS-CoV-2 detection needed for the biosurveillance of wastewater.
The PerkinElmer® SARS-CoV-2 Nucleic Acid Detection kit (RUO) combines high sensitivity with inhibition monitoring controls to deliver an optimized solution for wastewater-based epidemiology. PerkinElmer’s modular, scalable, and validated SARS-CoV-2 detection workflow enables prediction of community outbreaks by regional sewage treatment facilities.
- Sensitivity: Low limit of detection delivers sensitive SARS-CoV-2 detection
- Accuracy: Full process control including exogenous internal control
- Specificity: Detection of SARS-CoV-2 ORF1ab and N genes
- Flexibility: Available automation delivers throughput flexibility
Automation Delivering Throughput Flexibility
PerkinElmer’s JANUS® G3 workstations for the automation of primary sample transfer, nucleic acid isolation setup, and PCR setup, is a key component of the wastewater-based workflow. PerkinElmer can help your lab set up a flexible workflow for the biosurveillance of coronavirus in wastewater.
Both the equipment and kits are in stock and we would welcome the opportunity to help support your lab with this part of the testing process.
Providing the Support You Need, When You Need It
PerkinElmer delivers the help you need via webinars, video conferences, presentations, and email which is manned day and night to ensure you get the help you need, when you need it. We are there for you.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.