ENABLING REMOTE scRNAseq PHARMA STUDIES
COLLECT SAMPLES ACROSS THE GLOBE WITH CENTRALIZED PROCESSING
- Cryopreservation damages fragile and sparse cells, biasing samples
- Samples collected and shipped in the HIVE™ scRNAseq device are preserved and retain the complexity of the sample.
- The HIVE™ scRNAseq device enables pharma studies that rely on remotely collected samples by facilitating their storage and shipping.
Biopharma looks to single-cell RNAseq1 for biomarker discovery, to identify targets that can personalize therapy and increase efficacy. Most scRNAseq technologies require complex equipment that is too expensive for sample collection sites, forcing biopharma to rely on cryopreservation to ship samples to advanced research labs across the globe. Cryopreservation damages fragile and sparse cells, biasing samples—what you freeze is not what you thaw.
The HIVE™ scRNAseq Solution enables scRNAseq studies with global sample collection and centralized lab processing. Technicians at collection sites can gently and reproducibly capture single cells from fragile or sparse samples. As you ship your samples worldwide, the HIVE™ scRNAseq Solution locks the single-cell molecular signature as if it was fresh, giving researchers access to single-cell resolution for samples collected across the globe.
BREAKING DRUG DISCOVERY BARRIERS FOR BIOPHARMA
Cryopreservation Compromises Results
- Freezing damages fragile cells:
- Sample bias (neutrophil dropout)
- Irreproducible for sparse samples
- FNAs with 50–100K cells/mL
Pilot Study Proves the HIVE™ scRNAseq Solution Concept
- Research: Hepatitis B virus
- Sample type: Minimally invasive biopsies
- Global access: Sample collection in Europe
- scRNAseq: Shipping to central lab in US
Future Studies will Tackle Challenging Studies
- Global trials ongoing for 6–24 months
- Longitudinal tracking for each individual
ROBUST & SPECIFIC EXPRESSION ACROSS CELL TYPES
THREE EUROPEAN DONORS, TWO PAIRED SAMPLES, PROCESSING IN THE US
Collection at Site in Europe
- 3 healthy human donors:
- Paired filtered blood and liver FNAs
- Single cells loaded and frozen on-site
Transport from Europe-to-US
- 2–3 weeks in transit
Central Lab Processing
- scRNAseq processing in US
Reproducible performance with minimal intersample variability
SINGLE-CELL INSIGHTS USING THE HIVE™ scRNAseq SOLUTION
More Accurate Sample Representation
- HIVE™ scRNAseq Solution recovered:
- Neutrophils that are normally lost by cryopreservation
- Transcriptional heterogeneity amongst neutrophils
- Observed tissue-resident populations:
- NK cells in FNAs but absent in peripheral blood
- Genshaft, A., Subudhi, S., Keo, A. et al. Clinical implementation of single-cell RNA sequencing using liver fine needle aspirate tissue sampling and centralized processing captures compartment specific immuno-diversity. bioRxiv 11.30.470634 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.11.30.470634
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.